Casa Brazil

Casa Brazil Homestay & Gallery ( map | reviews ) is in a cool building with artsy deco – within a short walking distance to restaurants, shops (open ‘til 10/11 pm), and the beautiful Karon beach. It can be booked online via agoda or booking.com.

My room was on the 4th floor which was a bit of a hike up and down the stairs but the room was quiet and beautiful (artsy and cozy) with a cozy balcony (awesome sea breeze & 2 bars to hang clothes you need to handwash). They only had a fan room available but it was not hot at all – in fact better than many hotels with aircon that I had stayed at where sometimes it got too cold at night. The room was dimly lit with very thin curtains, but felt private nevertheless.

Many programs available on the shared computer which was in a room by the lobby - the internet was down sometimes but good overall. It was on a quiet side street which was nice – a bit hard for the taxi driver to find initially – it’s easy to locate once you know where it is. Breakfast was okay – the freshly squeezed orange juice was fantastic!! It was like the best orange juice I’ve had! I am not exaggerating.

During my 3 weeks in Phuket/Krabi, I stayed at 6 different hotels around the same price range (mostly 1200~1600 baht/nite) but this is probably my favorite (booked 2 nights here). Of all the beaches in Phuket, I find that Karon is not too touristy but still has everything you need. It's a good choice.
If you want to be closer to all the action of Patong, Hotel Swiss Garden is also a nice place to stay.